#FreshFriday, Week 5
Hey y'all! We’re going to kick off Week 5 of #FreshFriday by digging deeper by looking past the clothing and into the people behind the brands. This week, we’ll be focusing on a fantastic handbag designer, Kelly Wynne.
Before Kelly became who she is today, she was herself a bitter student. Kelly thought she knew what she wanted to do and majored in something she thought she loved – then she got an internship and hated everything about it (happens to the best of us).
However, this internship is what set Kelly into action.
After graduating from Ole Miss and not knowing what she wanted to do, a friend asked her if she could do anything, what would it be? Her answer was simple, and before she could even think about it she blurted out: “I just want to design handbags.”
And so the process began, and the rest became history.
Kelly, a Chi Omega and Ole Miss alumnus, came to speak at one of my chapter meetings at the University of Alabama. Her main message? Follow your dreams because that’s all that matters.
Once you’ve verbalized your dreams, you’d be surprised at the number of paths available to you, and the number of people available to help and support you.
Kelly, pictured at the left, told us she consulted Google when developing her business plan - how cool is it she knew nothing about starting a business, and has created this company that is now thriving??
Some things to know about Kelly and her label:
- All of her products are made in the U.S.
- The collections are comprised of Kelly’s signature printed suede and leather combinations, which give the bags a unique and beautiful texture
- Her label started at her parents’ kitchen counter.
- Here are a list of her retailers — http://kellywynne.com/pages/retailers
- Here’s how to join her team! http://kellywynne.com/pages/careers
As Kelly always says — “Dare to be fabulous.”