E-Term (Jan-Term) Stories: Share Your Experience
Are you taking a unique class during E-Term, trekking cross-country, studying abroad, or working at a firm for internship credit? The Bitter Student -- an online, multimedia magazine -- is offering an exclusive opportunity for students to share their E-Term stories and experiences through multimedia content such as podcasts, short films, nonfiction, essays, reflections, etc.
For instance, three juniors are trekking cross-country and recording their experience on a GoPro that we will then publish.
Why share your experiences?
When a hiring manager asks for your portfolio – she wants to see writing samples and visual aids that illustrate you can communicate clearly and effectively. If you don’t have those samples – you likely won’t land the internship.
This is not only a great way to hone your writing and video editing skills, but it’s also a great way to get noticed by an audience for your work.
Your work will be featured as a part of the E-Term series, and one winner will be selected (contest rules below). The winner will receive a $15 Visa Gift Card.
Contest Rules and FAQ:
• The deadline to submit a finalized draft is 02/10/17.
• Our community will vote on the winner, then our team will tally the votes.
• The number of shares an article or video gets on social media will also determine who wins.
• Any form of multimedia content can be submitted (written works, podcasts, short films, photos, etc.).
• The angle you take is up to you; however, we encourage you to share stories or experiences you had during E-term that you believe others will find interesting and unique.
• Don’t feel like you can write well? No worries. We offer free and thorough editing services as well as story coaching.
• Reflection papers on your E-term course that are graded by your professor can also be entered unless the paper includes proprietary information.