The Road Most Traveled: Three Girls, One Month, Ten Thousand Miles
Ten Thousand Miles around the USA
"Just your typical Road Scholars"
Over Exploration Term (Birmingham-Southern College's unique mini-term between fall and spring semesters) I, along with two friends, Jenna McEachern and Sarah Gwin Moore, embarked on a cross-country road trip that we named "The Road Most Traveled".
Throughout the month, we worked on a photojournalism project. We interviewed various people from across the country about their familial relationships.
Here's more information on why exactly we took the trip:
In thirty-four days, we managed to drive 10,030 miles across 30 states. Our stops, in order, included:
1. Charleston, South Carolina
3. New York City, New York
4. Chicago, Illinois
5. Badlands National Park in South Dakota & Mount Rushmore in South Dakota
6. Missoula, Montana
7. Seattle, Washington
8. Portland, Oregon
9. Coos Bay, Oregon
10. San Francisco, California
11. Los Angeles, California
12. Las Vegas, Nevada
12. Grand Canyon National Park, Horseshoe Bend, & Antelope Canyon in Arizona
13. Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, & Arches National Park in Utah
14. Glenwood Springs, Colorado
15. Sand Dunes National Park in Colorado
16. Santa Fe, New Mexico
17. Amarillo, Texas
18. Austin, Texas
19. Back home to Birmingham, Alabama
The three of us are truly so grateful for the experiences we had and are thankful that we attend such an innovative liberal arts college!
Questions? We'd love to hear from you in the comment section below!